M.C. Handel's 3-D Recorders
From Plank Road Publishingby M.C. Handel
Distinctive arrangements and appealing originals for young players have made these recorder features a very popular part of every issue of Music K-8 magazine for many years.
These five songs come from Volume 14, and each adds a new dimension with a special feature that sets it apart from most recorder songs.
- Big Round BAG - This lilting BAG tune has a lot going for it. It's a simple round over a well-known set of chord changes. It's lots of fun and is ideal for easy Orff ostinati.
- Rhythm Parade - Here's a lively little march that uses the notes G, A, B, C, D and comes with an optional second recorder part. There are also parts for a number of classroom percussion instruments that work well with the lively, energetic recording.
- O, How Lovely Is The Evening - Richly orchestrated for strings, this setting of a favorite round features G, A, B, C, D, and high E. There is also a vocal version of the tune and a second recording that demonstrates it.
- Pedal To The Metal - Young rock fans will enjoy the high energy of the "metal" band that accompanies this powerful original. It also features an optional second part that has some independence from the first part, and adds low D and E to notes they have already learned.
- Red River Valley - With a superb folk-style recording that features a first-rate harmonica soloist, the old favorite can be performed by recorders, voice, or both. It is a great way to introduce F#, though there are options if you prefer to avoid it, and there is an optional second part for the recorder setting.
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
About the Convenience Combo Kit The Convenience Combo Kit includes both the Kit with CD and the Downloadable Kit.
About the Audio RecordingsAudio recordings contain full performance and accompaniment only (instrumental) tracks.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Downloadable. Download is 46.1MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/