Getting To Know... The King And I
Getting To Know... The King And I - Based on Anna And The King Of Siam by Margaret Landon, with book and lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein and a dazzling score by Richard Rodgers, this musical tells the classic story of the English widow, Anna Leonowens, and her young son and their life at the Royal Palace in Bangkok. Anna has been summoned by the King to serve as tutor to his many children and wives. While they both retain their respective traditions and values, Anna and the King grow to understand and, eventually, respect one another, in this unique and uplifting story of East meets West.
From the acclaimed Rodgers & Hammerstein Theatre Library comes a collection of classic musicals. Running approximately 70 minutes, these shows are perfect to introduce young people up through 9th grade to the wonders of live theatre.
The Production Pack includes:.
- one Piano/Vocal Score
- 30 Libretto/Vocal Books with detailed staging and helpful performance hints
- a Production Guide which includes
- a Performance/Accompaniment CD
- a Choreography DVD
- a Media Resources Disc
- Digital Downloads, which are provided by G2K after the Production Pack is processed
- Production Packs can be licensed ONLY to accredited schools through 9th grade.
- Mention the school where the Production Pack is to be performed in the notes section during checkout.
- Include a valid shipping e-mail address during checkout so the license can be e-mailed to you.
- The Dramatic Performing Rights License will allow your school unlimited performing rights for one year.
- You will receive the Production Pack 1 - 2 weeks after you return the signed license.
- The Production Pack is non-refundable.
To preview these musicals before placing your order you may purchase the Audio Sampler (also nonreturnable) which includes a complete description of each Production Pack component, including sample pages, a complete list of songs with vocal ranges, a complete list and description of characters, and a CD which includes excerpts of each song.
(Run time: ca. 50-70 minutes)