Mixed Meter - Presentation Kit
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings
This very basic blending of 4/4 meter with 3/4 meter is meant to introduce or reinforce the concept of switching meters in a song. It literally goes back and forth from one measure to the next, so kids have to pay attention.
This song is a partner song, so each of the two melodies occurs separately at first, and then both are combined. Part 1 emphasizes the meter switch by counting the beats. Part 2 names the two meters that are switching and explains that this is what mixed meter is. Simple, but effective.
The kit includes recordings in slower and faster tempos. (from Music K-8, Vol. 24, No. 5)
Presentation Kits are ideal for virtual or distance learning or for projection in the classroom. Components can be shared with students and parents in Google Classroom and similar platforms. The kits contain:
- MP4 lyric video timed to the embedded full performance track;
- MP4 lyric video timed to the embedded accompaniment track;
- Lyric PowerPoint timed to the embedded full performance track;
- Lyric PowerPoint timed to the embedded accompaniment track;
- PDFs of the piano/vocal score, student part, and lyrics
(Run time: 1:14, 0:56)
Downloadable PowerPoints w/ embedded performance/