Battle Cry Of Freedom, The - Presentation Kit
From Plank Road Publishingadapted/arr. Paul Jennings
This boisterously patriotic song was written by George Frederick Root in 1862 in the midst of America's Civil War. Because the original lyrics were not so kid-friendly, we have adapted them for this arrangement.
Our arrangement captures the feel of an army band expanded to be an orchestra. It has a big concert opening and a big ending. But when it settles into the verse part of the tune, you'll hear folk instruments of then and now – banjo, guitar, and mandolin.
As a choral piece, this can easily be done in unison singing only part 1. But chorally, it is arranged as a 2-part piece with a further simple divisi at the end. Rehearsal tracks for both parts are included in the kit. (from Music K-8, Vol. 25, No. 4)
Presentation Kits are ideal for virtual or distance learning or for projection in the classroom. Components can be shared with students and parents in Google Classroom and similar platforms. The kits contain:
- MP4 lyric video timed to the embedded full performance track;
- MP4 lyric video timed to the embedded accompaniment track;
- Lyric PowerPoint timed to the embedded full performance track;
- Lyric PowerPoint timed to the embedded accompaniment track;
- PDFs of the piano/vocal score, student part, and lyrics
(Run time: 2:12)
Downloadable PowerPoints w/ embedded performance/