It's A Whacky World
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings, Paul Jennings, John Riggio, and Karl Hitzemann
This fun-loving collection has versatility built into each song. With a variety of styles and options like adding vocals, other percussion instruments, or just more Boomwhackers®, It's A Whacky World will provide a fun learning experience for all your students. It includes:
- A Whacky Time - This funky tune lets your students get creative while keeping them on their toes. There are two Boomwhacker® parts, Diatonic and bass (the bass part is optional), and a vocal part with room for making fun sound effects.
- Dem Whacky Bones - Here's a fun way to review the human skeleton! The arrangement of this old favorite features students playing Boomwhackers® and rhythm sticks. You'll enjoy the flexibility and relaxed hip hop style of this whacky song.
- The Boompah Band - Could there be a more perfect setting for Boomwhackers® than an oompah tune? The piece works nicely with just one vocal and one Boomwhacker® line, but it can be as basic or as layered as you like. A simple rhythm band part is also included.
- Boompus 17 - This decidedly classical sounding and simple piece was written for string quartet and Boomwhackers® (you don't hear that very often). While there is a modified piano transcription of the strings part, the real charm comes from using the very professional recording. For adaptability, there are two different Boomwhacker® parts, one simpler and one more advanced.
- Whacky, Whacky West - This "Old West" Boomwhacker® tune features a nifty cowboy sound complete with banjo, harmonica, guitar, piano, and temple blocks for the fun "clip, clop" sound. Throw in the Boomwhackers® and a neat vocal part, and you have plenty of performance possibilities.
- Light As A Brick - As Boomwhacker® tunes go, this one is pretty easy, using only quarter notes. The challenge comes in the tempo. Like many of our Boomwhacker® tunes, every note in the C diatonic scale gets a chance to ring out at least once.
(from the pages of Music K-8 magazine)
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
About the Convenience Combo Kit The Convenience Combo Kit includes both the Kit with CD and the Downloadable Kit.
About the Audio RecordingsAudio recordings contain full performance and accompaniment only (instrumental) tracks.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Downloadable. Download is 41MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/