Rounds For Young Voices
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings, Paul Jennings, John Riggio, and Karl Hitzemann
Rounds are the ideal first part singing experience for children, and they are so much fun to sing! They're also a great way to build confidence and independence in young singers. Our writers have created some amazing original rounds as well as unique arrangements of favorite traditional rounds. This much-requested collection includes:
- Friends Are Like Diamonds - Sweet and gentle, this lovely round speaks to the joys of friendship, one of the most important things in any child's life.
- Rockin' Frère Jacques - John's upbeat rock setting of this favorite features lyrics in English and French, and an optional harmony section at the end.
- Canoe Round - This elegant little round began life as a scout campfire song early in the 1900s, originally written by Margaret Embers McGee.
- The Further Adventures Of Three Blind Mice - Often thought of as a song for younger singers, this song is also fun for older students with the alternative lyrics used for the second half of the song. And for extra fun, we have also included the crazy Sightless Rodent Chaser. It's a great way to cap the song in performance, and your singers will get a real kick out of it.
- Shalom Chaverim - Karl has created a soulful arrangement that presents this classic round first in Hebrew and then in English.
- Classical Wave - How many rounds come with movements? Well this clever one does, and as it evolves the singers end up doing the "wave" as they sing.
- This Day Of Peace - Teresa originally created this beautiful tune for International Peace Day (September 21) but it works well any time of the year. The rich brass in the orchestration is perfect for the style.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Downloadable. Download is 44.1MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/