Keep The Music Going And Other Delightfully Singable Songs
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings and Paul Jennings
A Collection For Young Singers
Music has a unique power in our lives: Songs build meaning in us that we carry for life. So we bring you this distinctive collection that celebrates music and gives your students eight diverse songs they will love to sing. Includes:
- Keep The Music Going - From the outset, the worldbeat groove and unique modality of this song will get your attention and keep it. Starting sparsely and doing a subtle build, the layers thicken and mingle to the excitement of the chorus that loudly proclaims, "Keep the music going on and on and on."
- Sing A Little Song - Here's a happy little song that will get your toes tapping and your head bouncing! With a very simple melody, even your young ones can sing along, too. This tune allows kids to use scat, or nonsense, syllables which is a good first step towards improvisation. And if you want to spice it up a bit in your presentation, consider adding some dance moves using the included choreography video.
- Catch The Rhythm - This fiery Latin tune will get your blood pumping, not to mention your feet! While the tempo and the rhythms may keep your singers on their toes (so to speak), the fact that the song is in unison, except for the optional divisis at the end, makes it accessible for just about any age group. With a cookin' jazz ensemble, it's a natural for adding movement.
- O Music, Sweet Music - This great round, attributed to Lowell Mason, is easy to learn and a fine piece any time you wish to use it. Our arrangement is fairly simple, treating it as a 3-part round, performed three times through. Optionally, you may choose to do the first time through as unison, then break into the round.
- Start Your Day With A Song - This energetic big band piece sounds like it could have been featured in any number of old movie musicals. A corresponding video demonstrating some terrific movement ideas is included.
- Music In Our School - This song is a perfect vehicle to celebrate Music In Our Schools Month because it involves everyone. It has two vocal parts, two (optional) recorder parts, multiple percussion parts, and even optional clapping. The piece has a percussive mixture of Latin and worldbeat textures, and the melody is simple throughout, allowing students of every age to participate.
- We Believe In Music - Bold and assertive in its message and its style, this symphonic rock anthem is a lot of fun to sing and listen to. Use it for your school's celebration of Music In Our Schools Month, or for any performance, recital, concert, competition, etc., that touches on the noteworthiness of music.
- Music Is Always There - Bonus Song! The positive message and the power of the recorded tracks combine to make this a great song for a concert closer or a selection for any time you want to create excitement. And to really add some pizzazz to your performance, we have included a fun-to-do optional clapping part that adds an element of action and energy to the music. This is a song that will enthrall students and your audience as well.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/Accompaniment CD
Downloadable PDFs and Performance/
Both Hard Copy and Downloadable versions. Downloadable component is 88.9MB.
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/