It's A Glo-Glo-Glorious Christmas!
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings, Mike Wilson, Karl Hitzemann, and John Riggio
Capture the spirit of the season, as well as the attention of your students and audiences alike, with these eight glorious songs. Includes:
- Christmas Jubilation - Energize your kids and audience with this "clap your hands, dance in the aisle" gospel style Christmas tune. The melody is in an easy range and it is unison. It works for older age groups, but younger ones can handle it quite nicely, and we give you an option of featuring up to three soloists.
- Here We Come A-Caroling - This spirited Celtic arrangement transitions between 6/8 time and cut-time, the former having a rollicking feel, the latter a more driving feel. We used lots of drums, and a combination of penny whistle and fiddle. We kept the adaptation secular so that more schools can use it, but you can use the more traditional lyrics if you prefer.
- Glo-glo-glorious! - Here's a happy, swingin', lively partner song. It's very jazzy, but all those shimmering touches of strings give it a little bit of a Broadway feel. It's a natural for movement and a choreography video is available. Certain to be a showstopper!
- Santa's Getting Fit For Christmas - This lighthearted two-beat, Broadway-style presentation encourages a healthy lifestyle for Santa, and for us! Full rhythm, percussion, strings, woodwinds, and brass provide an energetic undercurrent to this peppy 2-part (optional) vocal arrangement. And a helpful choreography video is available.
- Candy Cane Lane - This 3-part song is a combination of good old-fashioned R&B and contemporary hip hop elements. It's our tongue-in-cheek musical tribute to that section of Everytown, USA that is compelled to bedeck itself (in the extreme!) every holiday season. This is a great one to use with your older singers. It's just plain fun to sing!
- Christmas Tree, What Will You Be... - A light, happy tune that's unison and easy to learn, this song pays homage to the wonder and mystery of what this year's Christmas tree will look like. The lyrics ponder all of the different possibilities. The recorded accompaniment is very upbeat. Let your kids move freely when they sing this bouncy tune and just have fun!
- Like Diamonds In The Night - This happy pop song is a tribute to that feeling we get as we see the decorations, embellishments, and displays filled with light at that special time of year. From the bouncing anticipation in the strings at the beginning, it slowly builds to a passionate, full envelope of sound surrounding us much like the sparkling lights all around. We've kept the song relatively simple so that you can use it with varying grade levels.
- Have A Happy, Happy Holiday - This upbeat, pop-style tune makes a great concert closer, and it's universal enough that you could use it for a Christmas concert, winter concert, or any type of seasonal program. Set to a retro rock 'n' roll beat, this infectious song lends itself readily to movement, if you're inclined to add some.
Downloadable PDFs and Performance/
Both Print and Downloadable. Downloadable component is PDFs and MP3s: 113.4MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/