Sing This Magic Season
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings and Paul Jennings
Teresa Jennings has created some of the best original holiday music ever written for children to sing. Her tunes cover a wide variety of styles, all of them authentic sounding and full of creative lyrics. Though they are new, the songs have a timeless feel that always makes them fun to sing. Includes:
- This Magic Season - This extremely pleasant song will work well as an opener or featured big tune in your Christmas, holiday, winter, or seasonal performances. The lyrics underscore that sense of a "feeling" more than anything tangible. Written in cut time, the tune clips along pretty quickly, though it maintains a rather relaxed groove. It has a lot of energy, but it's understated.
- Santa, What A Guy - Set in a swing style reminiscent of the '50s and '60s, the big band arrangement is what really makes this cook. This chart modulates several times, but it is all unison and quite doable. A choreography video provides ideas for the bring-it-on-home finish.
- Snow - This one is a real student favorite! The challenge of this song is the fun rhythm, and there are options for clapping and choreography. The instrumental tracks are delightfully minimalistic, giving singers a chance to show off their musical skills. Includes a choreography video.
- Jingly - This delightful and happy holiday tune is one of those multi-part pieces that gives you several options and flexibility for performance. It includes a vocal part that is unison and simple, as well as a ukulele part that only uses C and F chords, jingle bells that only use quarter notes, and an optional handbells part that only uses notes from the C major scale. Mix and match what works best for you.
- Nice, Not Naughty - Your kids will have a great time singing this light and oh-so-fun retro style pop tune along with the rock band on the recording. The bells, strings, and jingle bells add just the right holiday sprinkles to top it all off. There are even optional claps that your students can add to keep the energy and excitement going.
- Red Bird - Part contemporary story song, part old-timey folk style, this song offers quite a bit of flexibility for performance at your winter, holiday, or Christmas program. The second part is optional, so it could be unison. Perform it with some or all of the optional instrumental and percussion parts - snaps, rhythm sticks, jingle bells, mallets (ukulele and/or guitar), medium and low buckets, and/or hand drums. You could even do it a cappella. Includes a bonus craft video.
- Better Bundle Up - This pop-style tune is funky, fun, bluesy, hip, and downright contagious. With lots of flexibility for performances, you could even do the verse with a budding soloist. The groove will make your students want to move! Includes a choreography video.
- Sing In The Holidays - This wonderfully majestic piece is modeled after grander traditional carols, but with the emphasis on the music of the season. The tune begins with a full chorus singing in unison. There is an optional second part and an opportunity for you to feature a talented soloist or two.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 127.4MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/