Young & The Merry, The
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings, Paul Jennings, and Mike Wilson
A Collection Of Seasonal Songs For Little Singers
Our writers love creating songs for that festive season of the year, especially for your younger singers. We have filled this collection with some of their best from recent years.
- Let's Build A Gingerbread House - Your young singers will love this little tune. It has a bouncy swing style and sweet, simple lyrics. Performing in front of an audience will certainly be enough to yield the "awwww" factor. But if you really want to get to them, consider adding a bit of movement with some adorable dance moves.
- Baby Christmas Tree - This adaptation of the familiar Christmas carol, "O Christmas Tree," is anything but traditional. It starts with a lush orchestral introduction, but then quickly evolves (devolves?) into a combination rock/novelty piece, complete with sound effects usefully placed as cues for singers.
- What's In That Stocking? - This sweet little song poses the question which every kid has surely wondered at one time or another. Of course, the inability to contain their curiosity also leads to the final decision, "Let's peek!"
- Snowflake, Snowflake - "Snowflake, Snowflake" is a very simple and very short song for your primary group. With an accompaniment recording of all acoustic instruments including guitar, mandolin, bass, piano, percussion, and strings, we took a calm, peaceful approach.
- A Hat For My Snowman - Your young singers will shine with this cute and bouncy little tune about providing the appropriate attire for a snowman.
- Winter Wiggles - In the classroom or in a performance, here's an opportunity for your kids to release all that pent up energy from being stuck inside during the cold winter months. The lyrics are deliberately basic and easy to learn so that they don't upstage the important stuff: the wiggling! We give suggestions for movement, including the wiggles.
- Peppermint Candy Cane - This bouncy tune praises that delectable sweet treat in such a way that even your youngest singers will be able to join in. It's repetitious, with simple lyrics that are easy to remember. Add movement to your performance with the help of the choreography video.
- Jingle Bell Parade - Use this piece in performance at your holiday concert, or use it as a processional or recessional. Including movement is easy: Simply add marching steps, even if just in place.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/Accompaniment CD
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 50.5MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/